Today I did two 3D prints of some of the reaction diffusion models produced by the program ready (check out my earlier post here). Below is the raw result from the 3D print with all the structure still intact. The third image shows just how much structure there was to this that needed to be removed.
After I pulled out all the structure I was left with the two models I’d created. I absolutely love the result of this print, there’s something so captivating about these tiny models and the spaces they produce. While I’m not going to be doing a whole heck of a lot with these prints, they are great for understanding the process, and to also just see a reaction diffusion model in the flesh.
To be honest though, part of me prefers the rendered images of these (see below).